Wednesday

30 Day Challenge: Completed

Once I got back to Leeds and got back into my daily routine I made a pact with myself to get back on the healthy wagon. Seeing as I had treated myself to some extremely delicious dishes around Europe, I thought it was time to be completely content with those memories but now look forward to summer. A 30 Day Challenge is just what I needed to get myself in the zone.

What is a 30 Day Challenge you ask? It's a personal challenge with yourself for a time period of 30 days (mine was) focusing on sport. I promised myself that for 30 days straight I would do at least one hour of any form of exercise to get feeling healthy once again.
To get me all motivated I wrote down and put quotes all around my room as my friend Frances does all the time, she inspired this. Here are a couple:

"A one hour workout is 4% of your day. No excuses"
"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out" - Robert Collier
"There will be a day when I can no longer do this. That day is NOT today"
And my personal favorite...
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit" - Aristotle

Playlists also make a world of a difference of motivation whilst running! 
One current obsession I have is the website 8tracks.com
It's a Handcrafted Internet Radio that lets you listen to music playlists for free. Incredible idea, I know. You get to discover and rediscover so many songs you haven't heard in years! Anyways, they have a load of workout playlists, which are absolutely perfect for running on the treadmill and one that actually got me really into the zone was this one:  
http://8tracks.com/mkhlmnn/one-more-rep
I hope it gets you into the zone too!

Another addition to promote my motivation, I created a grid with 30 squares for me to fill in everyday with what exercise I did that day etc.

And here's the final outcome!


Completed! I have to tell you it wasn't easy especially at the beginning and it did cost me a lot of effort but after day 14 I started to make this a part of my daily routine and started to feel incredibly healthier and very content with myself. 
So are you up for it? I highly recommend you to commit to doing your own 30 day challenge. Trust me, it'll make you feel fantastic and make you look great. 

Here's a little motivation boost so you jump on board!


MTO

No comments:

Post a Comment