Thursday

Singapore, Maria's Back!

Oh summer, isn't it just the best?
Well I'm glad to say that after having been away from home for around six months or so I've finally returned to my family and to the place I've grown up for 14 years, incredible Singapore! 

At first it was overwhelmed with excitement but after a few hours of being back I felt like I had never left and was back in my zone. Singapore is acclaimed to have summer weather all year round and I can happily say that that is completely true. 
The summer sun is always out and happening so keep that SPF close to you all day, everyday.

Once I arrived to Singapore I was warmly welcomed by my family. Boy had I missed them.  



I was reunited with my incredible best friend Zoe. A couple of weeks back we had planned to do all things Singapore tourists would do. The list quickly got narrowed down to three top things that were on high priority. I was so excited for Singapore to fill me in with new and exciting adventures.

The Canopy Walk was at our number one on our to-do on our tourist adventure. This walk isn't your average walk around the street. It's a 10km walk that is built on stunning bridges up in the trees so you're both one with nature and at the same time you still get to enjoy the beautiful scenery that Singapore has to offer.

The walk normally takes around an hour depending on how fast you walk and soak in all the greenery around you. Zoe and I started the walk at around 9am and ended it at 10:15am. With our tummies asking for a delicious breakfast we popped over to Coffee Bean where I enjoyed a delicious plate of Eggs Benedict.



Our next to-do was to enjoy a couple of cocktails along side the company of our families at this highly acclaimed bar that overlooks the Marina Bay Sands called, Lantern at the Fullerton Bay Hotel.


We both felt like a delicious and refreshening mojito. Zoe went with the strawberry based one and I opted for the classic minty mojito. Sip sip sip.

Whilst sipping on the sweet drinks the topic of conversation was based around Singapore and the view we had in front of us. Take a look yourself! 


A friend of mine said that it reminded her of the movie Inception! Crazy yet incredibly beautiful landmark Singapore has made for itself. 

The three towers on the right hand side of the photograph is called Marina Bay Sands and it's really an extraordinary piece of engineering and architecture. It definitely deserves a blog post for on its own (which might come soon). 
On the right hand side there's a flowery white landmark that is the ArtScience Museum that is full of breath taking famous art exhibitions from all our the world. 
And lastly the object behind the museum is the Singapore Flyer, which is the tallest ferris wheel in the world. Quite the spectacular view.

The third to-do on our list was to go out on the very best night of all nights. Ladies night. Who doesn't enjoy bumping into good friends from the past along side delicious cocktails all for the price of zero dollars all night long? The night scene is to say the least incredibly a fun ride. 

Speaking of rides, our mode of transportation for the night ended up being a limo taxi. We knew this was going to be a great night! 


Ridin' classy. Zoe above is showing off her top model pose showing off both the luxurious space we both enjoyed and her beautifully tanned legs.



A lovely bunch of girlies enjoying the party!


Ending the night with a bit of Moët! 

We most certainly ticked off our top three to-do's and basked in our beautiful home town of Singapore. I had missed this city more than I had imagined. I'm so glad to be back and enjoying it to the fullest. 

MTO

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you had such a lovely time returning home! Can't wait for the next update. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovee this post!! ahaha a 'bit' of moet (:

    XX
    Caits

    ReplyDelete