Saturday

Next Stop: Amsterdam

I stayed one full week in Amsterdam and I can easily say that it was one of the greatest weeks of my life. The main reason I decided to visit the Netherlands was to visit Floor, the beautiful birthday girl who was turning 19 on the first day of Spring! After her lovely visit in February I had to return the visit and live in her Amsterdam for a week.

Day One:
Landed in Schiphol International Airport and got picked up by Floor. We quickly got talking about all things new and how we have been lately. We then took the tram to her place dropped off my stuff and biked on over to the Albert Heijn the handy dandy super market all over Amsterdam to get some delicious ingredients for our dinner.


The night consisted of talking, eating and laughter.

Day Two:
Definitely overslept so we decided to take things easy from that moment on. She had an afternoon class so we had late breakfast, got ready and biked over to her school, AUC, which was a very beautiful ride that was 10 minutes close to her apartment so it wasn't bad at all. When we got there we chilled at the park on the campus with a few of her friends.


Later Floor had to go to class so in the meantime I decided to pop down to Waterloopleinmarkt, which is a market that sells second hand books, cameras and clothes. Very indie and definitely a lovely visit worth doing in the A. Around the corner of this market is Rembrandt's house. I went in for a visit to get all inspired by his artistic works.


Later that night it was the count down for Floors birthday so a group of Floors girlfriends organized a photo shoot for all of us. We all got dolled up to pose for the camera. The night turned out to be a fantastic gathering that consisted of wine, friendly chatting, giggling and bouncing on her bed posing for photos. Definitely was a lot of fun. I loved seeing that all her friends were there to say happy birthday and countdown to her 19th! 



Cheers to the birthday girl! So glad I could be there.

Day Three
Officially the first day of Spring and Floors birthday! Got up and wished her a happy birthday, Skyped her Momma and her brother to open exciting presents. After that call we Skyped Zoe all the way in China and had breakfast with her over video call. B-Crew international.

I then took the tram over to explore the city meanwhile Floor had an exam. I went to visit all things you must see in Amsterdam. I went to the Van Gogh museum, which was incredible and is a complete must see if you're ever in Amsterdam. I later walked around the city centre a took a few shots of the landscape. The weather was beautiful!




After Floor had finished her exam I met up with her and a bunch of gorgeous girlfriends at a Terrace in the heart of Amsterdam for a glass of wine and some appetizers. Ascha, a friend of Floors joined us later and told us that she had worked at this famous gelato shop across the road that apparently sold "the best ice-cream in Amsterdam". So we popped down and bought ourselves our ice creams and boy was she right. 


I got chocolate and mango flavor. Yummy!


Ascha on the left and Linde on the right being all cute with the delicious ice creams! Please ignore the grumpy face behind the beauties.

Later that night Floor, Linde, Ascha and I went out for drinks to celebrate Floors birthday.

Definitely a birthday week celebration!

Day Four
Relaxed day in. Went for a run around the park Floor lives next door whilst Floor was working on an essay. Here are some running instagram snaps!



Later that day I went shopping at Dam Square with two of Floors closest girlies and then had dinner with Torkan at a delicious chinese take-out place that's around Amsterdam called Wok-to-Walk. Came back home and chilled with the Dutchie. 

Day Five:
It's Friday! Time to party! Floor had organized a birthday celebration for tonight with the theme "anything beginning with F" so that got us brainstorming for possible costumes. 

For lunch she took me to FEBO, which is this traditional Dutch fast food joint that is all over Holland. Their speciality is the delicious bitterballen, which sadly I cannot describe quite as well as I wish I could. It is a delicious deep fried dish that is one of a kind. 



Flowers and Feathers were our costumes for the night! Floor was a flower and I was covered in feathers. The party turned out to be a really fun night. I know Floor had a great time, which is the important part.

Day Six
Saturday morning was a clean up time from the party hehe. We took things slow and slept in nicely. Later the weather was telling us to get out of the flat so we decided to pop over to a delicious restaurant close by for some bread and dip with a couple of girlies.



Later that night we had some Buddha time with Robs Flight and Jorge. Fantastic night. 


Day Seven & Eight:
Floor and I trimmed down to the city and enjoyed a incredibly delicious meal thanks to my dad in celebration of Floors birthday. The restaurant was called Castell Bar-Becue and we ordered one mouth-watering lobster. You will not be disappointed if you stop by for a meal!
The Red light district was walking distance from the restaurant so we walked on by and I got to know it. The area was very one and only. Floor and I got a bit weirded out at first but with time we talked about what we thought of it.

On Sunday a friend of mine came to Amsterdam for a day to visit Floor and I so we chilled on Sunday night and then went into town on Monday. We browsed around the markets and saw lots of interesting objects. 


That last afternoon in Amsterdam I hung out with these beautiful girls below and enjoyed the weather. Ended up having a great last night to say the least.


 Thank you everyone for making this trip unforgettable. I could not have asked for better food, weather and company!

MTO

No comments:

Post a Comment