Monday

Euro Trip: Dublin

I'm back in the blogging world! The holidays are now over and in the spirit of this occasion to quote the famous and wise Dr. Seuss, "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened".

Fun fact: I had never visited and explored any of the cities I travelled to except London!

First stop in my easter euro trip was Dublin, Ireland. The sole purpose of this visit was to experience Dublin on the best day of the year, the 17th of March aka. Saint Patricks Day! The reason behind why the Irish celebrate this day is to commemorate Saint Patrick who is commonly recognized as the patron saints of Ireland and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland. The rest of the world has hoped on board with this celebration but mostly to use it as an excuse to go out and have a pint of Guinness and enjoy some good company in a pub. 

We (the trio) arrived the night before the big day and in order to prepare ourselves we each ordered a pint of Guinness.


If you know me well, you'll know that I hardly ever drink beer but I asked myself, how often do you get the chance to drink a pint of Guinness in Dublin? Never up until now! So I braced myself for this drink. At first I disliked it because of the bitterness but I enjoyed the texture of the thick creamy feel. After drinking one quarter of it I put the drink down and called it the day to reflect the taste over night. 


Happy Saint Patricks day! Once we reached the city centre we were greeted by the color green in more ways that you could think of. It was absolutely incredible. Luckily I had prepared for the occasion and bought myself a pair of bright green denim jeans by Topshop but that wasn't nearly enough green.


Carrols shop provided us with the perfect accessories for this brilliantly green day. We also got some face paint done to add to the joyous occasion. 

The verdict with Guinness ended up being a positive one. I am huge fan of very dark chocolate and I created this connection that Guinness reminded me somewhat of the bitterness that dark chocolate provides. This immediately made me enjoy drinking it however, I'm still not head over heels for beer even Guinness however I gave it my best shot and enjoyed the experience of drinking it all throughout the night. 


After 12 hours of constantly greeting people from all over the world, singing to great tunes and having deep and meaningful conversations with friends it's safe to say that I had one heck of a Saint Patricks day/night.


MTO


No comments:

Post a Comment