Sunday

Take Two

I've been a pretty naughty blogger throughout these past few months. Having juggled a bundle of different tasks and events I've just lost track of my love for blogging. Don't you worry, I am here to stay and to give this hobby of mine a second take. A promise to myself to keep this a constant 'to-do' in my day to day life.

This past month has been incredible in both negative and positive aspects. I believe there are more pros than cons! I've had the opportunity to pop over on a plane and reflect on what I am doing with my life and what I can do to improve it. I believe that when you are travelling by yourself on a plane you probably think that you're just surrounded by all these strangers that you'll probably won't get to know on a personal level - you never really know - but at that very moment of sitting on your passenger seat the only real person you know well right then and there is yourself. And what do most people do when they're sitting there waiting for the plane to lift off? Yes, some might be texting, talking to the person next to them or reading their book but regardless of these tasks I guarantee you everyone is thinking about something that is more on a personal level, future or past. When I get into my thinking mode I tend to reflect on memories I've lived and then reflect on them or even try to relive them. And that is exactly what I did on my journey back to University. I took this opportunity reflect on what I could improve.

I used to practice swimming as a sport for around five years during my teens. In the middle of my adolescent phase, 16 year old Maria decided that it wasn't for her and that she didn't see the point in continuing this chore of a commitment she had been practicing for several years now. She didn't see the positive attributes swimming gives as an overall sport and how calming it can actually be to just practice at least once a week. I let the commitment go. But as everyone knows, we as people are always growing and evolving in different aspects. As I was sitting there reflecting on why I actually decided to quit this positive discipline it just didn't make any sense to me. If you know me well you'll know that I am probably a great go to person for motivational speeches. I always love giving positive speeches on why you should do the right thing and how incredibly beneficial it is for you to go out into the world and just do it. Well, as I tried to complete this puzzle in my head as to why I had been in denial about swimming for three years now I realised I had no real answer. That was when I took the opportunity to challenge myself. "Join the swimming team. Do it." I told myself. And now after three weeks into being back into University I can proudly write this to you and tell you I am part of the swim team! Time goes incredibly fast. One moment I was absolutely freaking out about trials and now I have made friends from that very day that we're just laughing about our ridiculous nervousness.

Not only is this a second take on blogging, but also a second take into a discipline that is slowly coming back to me once again. A moment of complete silence once you're in the water. What do you think you should have a reflect or tell yourself you should take second take on? Trust me the end feeling will be definitely worth it. I'm glad to be back.

MTO 

*Credits to Zoe Petard for this fantastic photo. That day makes me so happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment