Thursday

Culinary Escapade

Ever since I can remember my dad has always been an person that loves adventure and always pushes himself to go the extra mile. I admire this greatly about him and try to live life that way as much as possible. Another positive aspect he brings to the table is the ability to travel. Traveling around with my dad always turns out to be an incredibly delicious experience for me and my taste buds. I luckily managed to skedaddle from university for two days to go and properly have some father daughter bonding time in good old London town.

After having a great catch up session our stomaches started to get hungry. He proposed we go have our traditional mouthwatering Bouillabaisse soup at Harrods. He first introduced me to this soup on my first visit to London and without a doubt I instantly fell in love with the signature dish of the Sea Grill.



We had an Ocean Classic Starter, which was recommended by the waiter, called Baked Crab & Shrimp Dumpling. Having lived in South East Asia for more than 14 years of my life I was very excited to try these special dumplings. They were glazed with a sweet and spicy sauce making them have the perfect balance for a tasty starter.


Then followed the infamous Bouillabaisse soup, which consists of king prawns, scallops and the day's catch with rouille and garlic toast with some vin blanc to accompany it. Incredibly yummy supper.

We then had a lovely little stroll around Harrods. The night followed onto going to a cosy little restaurant for a platter of cheeses accompanied with some red wine.


The cheeses varied from very strong to mild, which is exactly what we were looking for. 


We then popped by watch The Garrick Theatre to watch Chicago. We both went into this musical without knowing very much of the musical apart that it was a must-see classic. We were not disappointed at all and enjoyed the acting, singing and comedy that the musical offered. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend going. You will not be disappointed at all.

The next day consisted of walking, talking and munching. What more of a better combination could you ask for?


He took me to his frequent little bistro in Hyde Park called LIDO for a scrumptious breakfast that gave us just the perfect amount of energy for the rest of the day. 





One of my favorite breakfasts of all time: Eggs Benedict.


Even though it was a quick visit I could not be happier to actually get some quality time with the pops. Definitely experienced his London, which to me was a beautiful culinary escapade from my student life.

MTO

No comments:

Post a Comment