Sunday

Tomato Time

I always try to push myself to try something new & healthy or quit something that isn't quiet benefiting me. In my spare time I love to read all kinds of health articles/tips/whatever I can get my hands or eyes on. With having read all these articles of mine, one recurring word kept popping claiming it was delicious & nutritious, tomatoes


At first I tried to avoid this word as much as possible because throughout my whole life I've constantly had this concrete idea that told me, "tomatoes and I, we just don't get along. I do not like tomatoes. Period." However, as I kept reading through my many articles and from hearing recommendations from friends and family this tomato fella kept creeping back into the conversation. I told myself I could possibly give this big ball of redness a chance and let go of this idea of mine. For a whole month I incorporated tomato in my meal. The first few days were very unpleasant tasting nevertheless with time these tomatoes started to grow on me! 

Not only have I started to love these bad boys but I also have realized they come packed with a number of juicy health benefits:
  • Improves your face complexion 
  • Purifies your blood
  • Makes you feel full
  • Acts like a natural antiseptic, which then protects you from infections
  • Reduces blood cholesterol levels
  • Contains a huge deal of antioxidants, which fights cancer cells
  • Helps improve night blindness and daily vision
The list goes on but those are enough positive reasons for me. Hopefully by this point I've convinced you to go out into the world and buy yourself some tomatoes! There are plenty of delicious ways to prepare your tomato. Here's a few images that might inspire some recipes: 




Anyone hungry?

MTO

No comments:

Post a Comment