Sunday

Bikram Yoga, It's Been A While

Exactly one month ago I was reunited with the lovely practice of Bikram Yoga. 
You may be thinking, is there a newly opened studio in Leeds? Sadly not (yet) but the closest one there is and one that I was recommended to by a lovely yoga bunny is the Bikram studio in Manchester. Scarlett desperately needed to fix her iPhone in Manchester so I quickly took advantage of the opportunity and decided to go to be reunited with the heat!



Can you sense the excitement on her face? We were both so thrilled to be leaving for the day to Manchester and take on some new scenery. 


My experience with this studio was very lovely. I first befriended a fellow yogi outside the studio whilst we waited for the doors to be opened up when it was time for the class. We discussed how we got to practicing Bikram yoga and why we do it. I truly think it's really fascinating hearing peoples stories of how they got to Bikram and what they think about it. It's inspiring.  

After a Bikram-y chat we were let into the studio. I was then greeted by the teacher at the counter to fill in a couple of forms and pay for my class, which a single drop in costs £10 and in my opinion is completely worth it. I was then told where the changing rooms were and where the magical heat room was. I don't think my face hid the fact that I was beaming of happiness. I quickly dropped my bag, changed and went inside. 

The class was really well taught by a female yogi and was packed with at least 60 people in the room ranging from all different ages, which made it truly motivating. I felt like I never really stopped practicing and tried to capture and live in the moment as possible because now looking back, I loved being reunited to the chamber of heat and hopefully I'll be returning soon.

MTO

No comments:

Post a Comment