Wednesday

Hola España!

The following destination on my itinerary was to jet off to Madrid, Spain. When I arrived my cousin, Mari Carmen, was all smiles and hugs and picked me up from the airport. I then got to see her place she had been living during her gap year. Being Mexican and a native Spanish speaker I was really excited to actually hear people talking Spanish all the time to get me back in the rhythm of Español.

Hola guapa!

Mari took me to La Plaza Mayor, which is right in the city and definitely a must see in Madrid. We then walked around the city soaking in the gorgeous spanish architecture and atmosphere. 


We then popped by the Royal Castle of Spain, which I like to call my little weekend house - a girl can dream! And it was definitely a stunning view that was accompanied with beautiful weather. 

After walking around our tummy's started rumbling asking for some yummy food so Mari took me to her  favorite restaurant in the city. She ordered on my behalf explaining that I needed to try this dish. 

It served a delicious plate of Huevos, Patatas y Tocino, which translates into eggs, potatoes and bacon all mashes together. Incredibly delicious!
Can someone please say amazing?

Later that day we decided it was time to go out and let our hair down. So we to a club in the city called Orange Cafe, which is supposed to be filled with international people all around Madrid. 



Our night out ended up being very fun and memorable (waiting in line for almost an hour) with having met lots of new faces.

The next day we got up really early to catch our seven hour bus ride to Marbella! It was definitely a long and tough journey but was well worth it. 


We stayed with Mari's friends and it ended up being a really lovely group of us that enjoyed the relaxed partying weekend in sunny Marbella. 


We visited the highly acclaimed Puerto Banús beach and port along side all the glamourous retail shops.
I can definitely say with all honesty that I had a wonderful time in Spain or should I say, me la pasé increible! I must come back to visit and explore more of this beautiful country has to offer. 

MTO 


No comments:

Post a Comment