Wednesday

Pancake Day

Yesterday was the 21st of February 2012 and personally this date doesn't have much significance to me. But times have changed and since I'm now living in the UK and having Scarlett by my side who knew it would open my eyes into the sugary white buttered world of Pancake Day.



Having shocked Scarlett on not ever truly celebrated this joyous day she was definitely looking forward to showing me how it's done.
We ran down to town and got the mouthwatering ingredients us cooks needed to prepare these bad boys. Here's the list:
  • Betty Crocker Shake 'N Make Pancakes Mix
  • Chocolate Spread
  • Banana's
  • Lemon Juice
  • Butter
  • Sugar


Originally the plan was to make the pancakes from scratch, however please keep in mind that we are students and not a stay-at-home-mum's that have a delicious pantry full of tasty goods. We just had to let Betty Crocker take the wheel. We knew she wouldn't disappoint. 

Take One

 During the cooking process I was witnessing Scarlett the master pancake chef do her magic. I've got to be honest with you, my mouth was watering during 99% of the waiting time and I might have had too many finger dips on the chocolate spread whilst waiting. "The first batch is never good" she says to me. Apparently the whole trick is to get the temperature of the pan just right and that's when the brilliance begins.

Heavenly Pancake in the making

Voila! 

I ate my pancakes with some chocolate spread and thinly chopped banana's on top, which tasted absolutely incredible whilst slightly making you feel not too bad about yourself because of the magical ingredient of the banana. However, Scarlett the master pancake chef let me try her style of pancakes, which consisted of a sprinkle of sugar and lemon juice on top. A completely different take on pancakes that made them taste a lot lighter than my style. 

I completely recommend celebrating this beautiful day! The Betty Crocker mix has been a complete lifesaver and did just the trick for some yummy yummy pancakes. This is a day that's definitely going to be celebrated every year. 

How was your pancake day? Missed it? Don't worry I'm sure a day or two late won't hurt anyone. Spoil yourself over some scrumptious pancakes - my treat.

MTO

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, I love this post, you are such a rock star :)
    Pancakes tomorrow! You should try them yourself, then you will see that Scarlett isn't such a master and is really doing something basic.
    A team love xx

    ReplyDelete