Friday

Xin Chào Vietnam

As you might have read on one of my previous blog entries, during the winter holidays my family and I visited Hanoi and Ha Long Bay in Vietnam. What an incredible trip it was!

We first stayed one night in Hanoi, the capital city of Vietnam and the second largest city of Vietnam. 
The photo below was taken at a poster shop of propaganda from the early 1900's for many different causes. I really loved the colours that were used for all the designs.



This was the view I had when I fist arrived to the dock for the cruise ride. Our cruise was called The Emeraude, which toured us around Ha Long Bay and it was incredibly beautiful.  


The view was absolutely breathtaking and I could just not stop taking photos. All of these photographs have been carefully selected and have made the top 8! 


On the third day there we went rock climbing on one of the Ha Long Bay islands. The one we climbed in was called Moody Bay. The weather for that day was surprisingly beautiful. The sun came out and it wasn't cold. The mood was great to say the least.

This was the first time I had ever rock climbed and I thought it was a lot harder than I had first thought. However, I loved the experience and would really recommend it to anyone that loves this type of adventure activities. The highest climb I did that day was 21 meters high! Just remember, it's all in the mind. 



Family portrait from the cruise on the last day returning back to the dock. This photo makes me so happy.


Back in Hanoi. Crossing the streets here were a complete chaos! I'm sure it's nothing compared to India's streets but crossing the road in Hanoi was an absolute adrenaline rushing task. You felt as though you were putting your life at risk but everything turned out to be alright. 


Have you been to Vietnam? What did you think about it? 
I strongly recommend visiting as the people are incredibly nice and hospitable, the food was just mouth watering and as you've seen the views I witnessed are worth the trip. 

I'd like to say thank you to my family for the amazing time we had together! 

MTO

No comments:

Post a Comment